Wednesday, September 26, 2018

INTRODUCING ANDREA BOYD, AUTHOR, WIFE, GRANDMOTHER AND CLASSIC CAR ENTHUSIAST


Good morning everyone…welcome to the Diamond Mine and please welcome my new friend and author, ANDREA BOYD. I’ve just finished Andrea’s new book Mistletoe Kiss, and I can tell y’all it’s a delightful story. In this day of smears and smut from sun up til sunset Mistletoe Kiss makes you glad to be alive and thankful for good clean reading. Definitely a 5-Star Read!
But let’s get down to finding out about you, Andrea.





Readers want to know more about their favorite writers than what appears in their biographies. Please share your story What event, talent, or circumstance convinced you to become a writer, why and when?

Once my three kids were grown and gone, I said, “What now, God?” And his response was, “Feed my sheep.” Really. During my Bible study, in my head, during preaching, those exact words kept popping up. Finally, I asked, “Who are these sheep, and what do You want me to feed them?” In 2014, at the age of 48, His answer started my writing career.

Tell us about your family, please. I’ve seen the pictures of your latest (as Caryl McAdoo calls them…) grand-sugar and know this is the first girl…what about the others? Husband, children, grand-sugars…and cats.

My husband, Tommy, and I will celebrate our thirty-second anniversary in December. We have three grown, married children and three grands—both sets contain two boys and one girl. And we just welcomed our third kitty to the family. His name is Lugnut. Yes, you read that right. My husband is a mechanic and we are both classic car enthusiasts, so the cats have car related names. They are Dart (as in Dodge), Axel, and Lugnut.





I love that name, and from the looks of this picture, he’s probably going to live up to his name!

When not glued to your computer, what occupies your time? And what’s your favorite way to decompress after being in your current character’s head all day?

I read a lot. I’m also a quilter. And as mentioned before, I like going to car shows. I (yes, me) restored a 1968 Barracuda convertible, and my husband has a 1974 Duster. It had been restored over twenty years ago, but it is currently being rebuilt.






We have friends who restore antique cars…real old ones…seems to me that’s a full-time job in itself, and I know you quilters…that’s another life. And you write too! Gracious girl, you’re one busy lady. Of course, knowing you live in South Carolina, how did y’all survive Florence this past week? Hope there was no permanent damage to your home.
           

No damage at all. There were a few tree limbs lost and so many leaves fell I was beginning to worry that there’d be none left to turn, but all is well.

If you had the opportunity to give new writers a piece of advice, what would you convey to them? And why?

Read everything! It is the best study of how to write I know of.

I’ve just purchased your new release Mistletoe Kiss, which by the time this interview appears I will have finished and reviewed.

Thanks!




"When Rachel Anthony asks her best friend, Chase Spencer, to enter the kissing contest, she missed the part where they had to hold the kiss for ten seconds. And no one warned her how she would feel afterwards—confused and longing for more. How can she convince Chase to change her status from friend to girlfriend?"





I love your book! An easy read…a feel-good read! Great one for curling up in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and reading. Can you please share with our readers how much reviews mean to an author?


A review is a personal recommendation to read this book, so it helps get the word out, which in turn equals more sales. But more important than that to a Christian author, it equals more chances for our message to be read and hopefully help.

We authors are human. A positive review boosts our confidence, pushing us along in our careers. A constructive (hopefully kindly delivered) one will help to improve our writing.

How do you decide the story line of your books? Past experiences of your own? Things you have experienced while raising a family? Or are they all a product of your own writer’s imagination?

Mostly from my own imagination. Up until now, my past experiences have only colored the background of my stories. But with the one I am currently working on, God has asked for something a little more personal. 


Two Decembers ago, I was taking the two-hour drive to see my oldest grandson when this announcement came over the radio. A Guinness World record had been broken- the most people to kiss under the mistletoe at once. Over 800 people visited Six Flags to help break the record. This little story started flowing through my head in rapid fire and I’m driving down the road! Story of every author’s life. Anyway, Chase and Rachel came to life. This one will be added to my holiday collection, but don’t be surprised if you end up seeing Chase’s family in a future series. It wasn’t my plan from the beginning, but I sorta fell in love with them as I was writing. I hope you end up falling in love with them as well.
 

Was there a life-changing event in your life, or in the life of your family, that brought a new focus in your writing? Will you share that time with us?

I’ve experienced a lot. When I first started writing, someone asked if I was writing my life story. I said no one would believe all of that happened to one person. But it could and probably will translate into the lives of many characters.

Do you have a life verse from the Word or a favorite scripture and will you share with us why it’s your favorite?

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?

I came across this chapter as a child and clung to it during dark times.

What do you hope your readers will take away from your books?

Hope! You will also see forgiveness as the theme to many of my books. God’s love and guidance is there too. You’ll see healing and characters coming to know Christ as their Savior. But at the end of each book, I want the reader to feel blessed hope that no matter what they face, God will be right there with them. All they have to do is ask.


GIVE-A-WAY.....
You certainly achieved that with Mistletoe Kiss, sweet new friend. Now I’m going to read the rest of all your series. Yes, she has more than one series. And guess what folks—Andrea’s doing a give-a-way—an ebook of Mistletoe Kiss will be given to a lucky winner Tuesday evening, October 2nd at 8 p.m. Central time. Leaving Andrea a comment about your first mistletoe kiss will enter your name in the hat for this delightful book.

And with the Season approaching, time to think about books as stocking stuffers, and what reader friend wouldn’t enjoy a couple of books as a present from you?

Andrea, we’ve thoroughly enjoyed visiting with you and getting to know the other sides of your life. I loved your new release MISTLETOE KISS and know your readers will too. Blessings and prayers to you for a thankful and thoughtful Christmas Season!




22 comments:

Karen Giles said...

I've read all of Andrea Boyd's books. Each is better than the last. She writes in a way that is"comfortable"for the average reader. Also, as a Christian, I appreciate that she writes from a Christian standpoint. Learning about her personal life is a a bonus!

Kristine Lilja Morgan said...

I love Andrea's books. Have read her steampunk series which is awesome by the way! :)

BarganierNormal said...

Love Andrea and her stories.

Paula Marie said...

Love this author! Andrea is one special woman! Thanks for sharing her with us!

Brenda said...

I have read several Andrea Boyd’s books. Thanks for sharing Andrea. I’m thankful you were ok during the hurricane.

Joelle said...

Andrea writes books that encourage the spirit and remind me that there is still good in this world. Enjoyed getting to know more about her!

Nicki Walker said...

I have read several of Andrea’s books and plan to read more. Mistletoe Kiss was a sweet little feel good smile book. Enjoyed it a lot.

Nicki Walker said...

I have read several of Andrea’s books and plan to read more. Mistletoe Kiss was a sweet little feel good smile book. Enjoyed it a lot.

Pam Graber said...

I have read several of Andrea's books and Mistletoe Kiss is next up. I loved the last two - Irresistibly Yours and Persuaded - so I'm sure MK will be a new favorite!

DiAne Gates said...

Ladies, thank you for your comments, and feel free to share this interview with friends who haven't met Andrea yet. All of your names have been entered for our Tuesday evening drawing.

Rebecca Maney said...

Great interview! I have met and spent some time talking and "hanging" with Andrea and she is just as interesting in person as she appears to be in this interview! I already have a copy of the book and look forward to reading it!

Andrea Boyd said...

Thanks!

Andrea Boyd said...

😊

Andrea Boyd said...

Love you too!

Andrea Boyd said...

Aww! Love you too!

Andrea Boyd said...

Wow, thanks!

Andrea Boyd said...

😊

Andrea Boyd said...

This one's sweeter than the Walden Beach series. Hope you enjoy it!

DiAne Gates said...

Ladies, please forgive me. I missed announcement of the winner of Andrea's Mistletoe Kiss last night. AND THE WINNER IS....PAM GRABER!!!

Pam, please email me or message me with your email address at dianegates@sbcglobal.net, or if you have Andrea Boyd's address, let her know.

Thanks again for all of your comments!

Andrea Boyd said...

Thanks!

Andrea Boyd said...

Congrats Pam!

Andrea Boyd said...

Congrats!