Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Author Abigail Wilson's Third Regency Waits in the Wings. . .


We're closing out one of the last weeks in December with Abigail Wilson, one of the Diamond Mine's favorite authors. She's turning out her third book and it's bound to be as exciting as the other two! May is just around the corner, (when her book releases) and I couldn't wait to don my white gloves and chat with her.

PT: Welcome back to the Mine! So, for the readers who haven't met you, tell us a little more about your genre, Regency.

AW: Thank you so much for having me back on the mine, Peggy!

The Regency era is by far my favorite time period in England and took place between 1811 and 1820 when George, Prince of Wales, governed the country as 'Regent' due to the madness of his father George III. Though the Regency period spanned only a few years, thanks to Jane Austen and the romanticized mix of honor, class, and societal expectations, it has sparked countless stories.

And, while balls and matchmaking mamas were giving their daughters seasons in London in hopes of snagging husbands of wealth and status, the Napoleonic Wars were raging on the continent, which provides a delicious mix of adventure and romance with which to set my own stories.

PT: Ahhh. The perfect backdrop. So share with us, when can we expect to see your book on the shelf and where is it set?

AW: My second novel Midnight on the River Grey
released in July 2019, and it is set on the southeastern coast of England where smuggling and spying with France flourished.
My next book Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey will release in May 2020 in the same location.



PT: Smuggling, spying, gracious I must fan myself! Tell us, is your new book a standalone novel or part of a series?

AW: Each one of my stories are loosely connected but can be read as a standalones, including Midnight on the River Grey.

PT: Such an exotic location to build a story. Have you ever been to London/Europe or do you research extensively for your projects?

AW: Traveling to England continues to be a dream of mine. However, I like to say I’ve visited Regency England thousands of times in my imagination. Thanks to the popularity of the Regency time period, there are so many research options online as well as in books. And Google Earth is a huge help too.

PT: Virtual reality is an ideal way to travel, especially to us book worms! So go ahead, wow us with your favorite regency quip (using your best regency British brogue, LOL.)

AW: There are so many I can hardly choose. Here’s one that comes to mind:
“I daresay the boot is quite on the other leg.” (The situation is the reverse)
And in response, “Eh, wot?” (Right?!)

PT: Is there Biblical themes/lessons in your books?

AW: My books are considered crossover books, which means they are presented from a Christian world view with a strong moral message rooted in faith, but can be picked up by anyone in the general public.

PT: Favorite place to be? Favorite place to write? Tea, Coffee, or other for writing?

AW: One of my favorite places that I’ve ever been is Glacier National Park, gorgeous sweeping mountains and waterfalls.
My favorite place to write is anywhere comfy and quiet. Currently, while my kids are at school, I like to put up my feet in my recliner and type on my laptop.
And I absolutely cannot write without tea by my side, preferably chai tea.

PT: Name 5 things fast about Abigail Wilson that have nothing to do with writing.

AW: I love visiting the National Parks and plan to see every single one in my lifetime.
I’m addicted to Coca-cola.
My dog is trained to do all kinds of tricks.
I’m a mom of two crazy kids (One is a competitive diver and the other plays the French horn).
I’m always planning my next road trip.

PT: What’s your next project?

AW: Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey will release in May 2020, and I’m so excited to get the chance to give Elizabeth Cantrell a happily ever after. Here’s the blurb:

When the widowed Lord Torrington agreed to spy for the crown, he never planned to impersonate a highwayman, let alone rob the wrong carriage. Stranded on the road with an unconscious young woman, he is forced to propose marriage to protect his identity and her reputation, as well as his dangerous mission.

Trapped not only by her duty to her country but also by her limited options as an unwed mother, Miss Elizabeth Cantrell and her infant son are whisked away to Middlecrest Abbey by none other than the elder brother of her son’s absent father. There she is met by Torrington’s beautiful grown daughters, a vicious murderer, and an urgent hunt for the missing intelligence that could turn the war with France. Meanwhile she must convince everyone that her marriage is a genuine love match if her new husband has any hope of uncovering the enemy.

Determined to keep her son’s true identity a secret, Elizabeth will need to remain one step ahead of her fragile heart, her uncertain future, and the relentless fiend bent on her new family’s ruin.

PT: And there you have it, dear readers! A chance to travel back to England and embrace the Regency time period. Merely pick up one of Abigail's books and off you go. Perhaps now, the boot is on the other leg! Simply click on here, and you can pre-order her new book or purchase her other ones. 
Otherwise, you can be entered to win Abigail Wilson's Midnight on the River Grey by simply commenting and leaving your email. Good Luck, and Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Kay Garrett said...

Gorgeous covers and storylines. One was already on my TBR list and now I've added the other as well.

We went to Glacier this summer and LOVED it. Love photography so have some wonderful photos to keep our memories fresh of a wonderful time. Our goal is to see one of our nations wonderful parks every year, more if possible, until I'm not able to travel due to health problems. Next year it's the parks in Utah.

Thank you for the fabulous opportunity to win a copy of "Midnight on the River Grey"!
Kay Garrett
2clowns at arkansas dot net

Connie Porter Saunders said...

I love Regency fiction and stories rooted in faith. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to May!
Connie
cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

Patty said...

I’ve read quite a few regency romances recently, but I don’t think I’ve read any during this time period that have this mystery/suspense thread. Sounds intriguing!

pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

MommaBear said...

I’m really looking forward to the newest book. I have thoroughly enjoyed your work so far.

Abigail Wilson said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm so glad you've enjoyed my books and the Regency time period.

Kay, Utah is definitely on our list to visit. So, many to National Parks to see there. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Best of luck to all on the giveaway!