Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Surprising Facts about Delia Latham And Her New Release

It’s so nice to have Delia Latham on the Diamond Mine today! Wait till you read what she’s been working on. Take it away, Delia.



Give me one fact about you as an author that most people don’t know.


Once upon a time, in a far and distant land…well, at least in another time and place…I was the lead singer in a Country Western band. Even then, I wrote—songs, of course, both gospel and country. (I was also working as a Staff Writer for the largest daily paper in Kern County, California, and freelancing numerous articles to a regional magazine, so I was writing a lot.) Had a grand time with the band, but it was just a curve in the road of life that brought me to where I am now.



As Christian writers, we long to share God’s love, goodness, and grace with others through our writing. But quite often our stories speak to us as much as our readers. How did God use this story to help you stretch and grow as a person?


I’ve been blessed all my life to have people who love and watch out for me—friends and family who are always there to help with whatever I need and wish only the best for me. It’s easy to forget that not everyone has that—some people are forced to scratch and claw, with no help from anyone, just to have the basic necessities. This book awakened me to a couple of things that are all too easy to overlook. 1) Be grateful for what you have, be it ever so humble. As the Apostle Paul said, “For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” 2) Keep an eye out for fellow “travelers” in this world who could use encouragement, a hand up, or even a kind word and a smile. You never know when your kindness will literally change someone’s world.


What is the quality you like the most about your heroine?


Norah is smart, determined, and tough. Nothing in life is handed to her on a silver platter. She knows the world doesn’t “owe” her a living, and she’s willing to work to better herself, and do whatever it takes to make a home for her son. I’m not sure I’d be so strong and self-sufficient in the same situation, but I admire women who are. Norah’s character was created to be a little like a sweet, godly woman who is very dear to me, someone I love, admire and respect. In many ways, she’s who I want to be when I grow up. 😊


Being a writer is a busy life, isn’t it? I’m sure you’re working on something new to intrigue your readers. What’s in the works for you right now?



Sweet Scent of Forgiveness, available now for pre-order, will release April 14. I’m working on Book 2, Radiant Rays of Grace, which will be followed by Glorious Gift of Hope. Potter’s House Books all have themes of hope, redemption and second chances. I love the concept, and I’m always grateful for projects that provide an opportunity to touch the hearts of hurting, desperate, searching people—those who, even if they don’t know it, are looking to fill a God-sized hole in their lives. I pray these books will fulfill that goal, touching hearts and stirring souls to look up…to Christ.

Delia will give away an electronic copy of Sweet Scent of Forgiveness as a special, "early" gift to the winner who comments below and leaves their email address. She also has a novella in a Christian fiction anthology that releases the same day! Speakeasy: Collection 1 is three novellas by three different authors. She'll give an electronic copy of her Speakeasy story, Something Almost Heavenly if there are five comments or more.   



Book Blurb:


Norah has a delightful seven-year-old son, owns a thriving nursery business in the Sierra Blanca Mountains of New Mexico, and adores both. She’s past the horrors of earlier years and life is good.
Then Marcus Corman walks into her nursery looking for a couple of special rose bushes. For the first time since she met her late husband, Norah finds herself drawn to a man. Even so, she’s not ready to trust love again.
Neither is Marcus. His ex-wife abandoned him and their infant daughter years ago. Why bring another possible source of pain into little Juliet’s life?
Still, Norah and Marcus find themselves thrust together when their children meet and become fast friends. But as their attraction becomes undeniable, a dark shadow from Norah's past finds her and her son. Will Marcus turn away as all is revealed?
Within the petals of a rose lies a profound message. Will they find it in time to save Norah's life and open the door to love?


Buy link:


https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Scent-Forgiveness-Potters-House-ebook/dp/B085X6FP5L/

Social Media Links:






Author Bio:

Delia and her husband Johnny live in East Texas, where their pampered Pomeranian, Kona, kindly allows them to share her home. The author enjoys multiple life roles as wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend, but above all, she loves being a princess daughter to the King of kings. She admits to a lifelong, mostly un-battled Dr. Pepper addiction, and loves hearing from her readers.

7 comments:

Delia Latham said...

Erin, thank you so much for allowing me to visit the Diamond Mine! I look forward to visiting with your readers, and to giving away a couple of eBooks. Who knew, when we were doing this interview, that we would be visited by "such a time as this"? Maybe these two books will help two people while away quarantine time, while also touching hearts. I pray they do exactly that.

Renette Steele said...

Great interview Erin!

Miss Deila,

I so enjoy your stories. I want to be like you when I grow up!

No need to enter my name as I have read both of these titles. I hope everyone will grab a copy of Sweet Scent of Forgiveness and Speakeasy. They are delightful stories.

Love and Hugs

Delia Latham said...

Thank you, Lady SONshine! I love having wonderful readers like you, and I'm so glad you enjoyed these stories.

Jackie Layton said...

Hi Delia,

It's so nice to see you here on the Diamond Mine. Congratulations on your stories, they sound great!

Delia Latham said...

Thanks, Jackie! I hope these stories uplift and encourage someone -- especially now, when times are so troubled. We all need a little sunshine these days! :)

Unknown said...

Nice to see pictures of you and hear your voice in my head as I read your comments. I wish things were different. Susan L. in Bakersfield

Delia Latham said...

Susan! How wonderful to hear from you. I wish the same, my friend... You know, you can call anytime. :)