Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Dreams

Because of these crazy times, I got to meet today's guest in an online writing group. Tabitha Bouldin is a delight to visit with online. One day we may get to visit face to face. In the meantime please welcome her on The Diamond Mine.

Mishaps Off the Mainland

All Mel wants is to run the business of her dreams





Tabitha Bouldin has a bachelor's degree in creative writing/English from Southern New Hampshire University. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and has been writing since 2015. When she's not homeschooling her kids, you'll find her curled up with a book. Tabitha's genre of choice is Contemporary Christian Romance which she describes as: Adventure with heart.




Tabitha: I'm so excited to be on the Diamond Mine of Christian Fiction today! Thank you for inviting me. Renette I'm always curious about other authors, and reading interviews is something of a hobby, so it feels a bit weird to be on this side of the computer screen.

Renette: I'm so blessed you could join me today Tabitha. Sit back and relax, just like on our zoom calls. I know you will bless us all here today. I'm already blessed by you joining me. Life is a journey, so is our writing. What personal journey did you take while writing Mishaps Off the Mainland?

Tabitha: My personal journey was the realization of a dream, joining a team of authors, and having a book contract (okay, maybe two dreams). I learned that I had shifted focus from my main goal (writing for God) and had started chasing that elusive feeling of validation. I’ll be honest, I love being told I’ve done a good job. Doesn’t everyone? And there’s nothing wrong with a little validation. But I had reached a point where I needed it. I wanted praise and all the ‘atta girl’ accolades. Through the journey of writing Mishaps off the Mainland I realized that my desires for more were in contrast with God’s order to WAIT.

Renette: I think we all like getting those accolades. But being in tune with GOD is the best validation we can have.  Tough lessons. Do you have a life verse?


 

Tabitha: This verse chose me this year, and I’ve since then made it my life verse. I love the constant reminder that God is with us and He will never fail us.

 

 






 Renette: A powerful verse indeed. Other than GOD, who has had the biggest influence on your life?


 Tabitha: I have amazing parents, so I have to say they’ve both been great life influencers. My dad’s also my pastor, and he’s been a preacher since I was eight. Both my parents live a godly life and have done so since my early years. Their influence and seeing them overcome life’s obstacles with God by their side, helped me to seek out God for myself.

 Renette: I love to hear stories about wonderful Godly parents.  Along the same line who has had the biggest influence on your writing? 

Tabitha: Writing has been a God-driven gift since day one. There are plenty of authors I love and many people who cheer me on during this journey, but without that constant nudge from above, I never would have penned the first story, much less all the ones that came after. I never sought out writing, and honestly, the idea of being a writer never crossed my mind until God put the desire in my heart and a story at my fingertips.

 Renette: GOD reminded me once I retired of the dream to write.  It is all for Him. I am so glad you followed His leading and can’t wait to read Mishaps off the Mainland. It sounds so fun. Speaking of fun what and where is your favorite way to relax?



Tabitha: I love going for a drive to our state park. If my husband is with me, he drives so I can take pictures along the way. If it’s just me, I usually head over to the waterfalls and spend a few hours snapping photos. There’s something so peaceful and relaxing in photography, especially when I’m working with landscapes. The colors, the motion, everything about it is soothing and helps me unwind. This is one I took last fall. 


 Renette: Beautiful photo. Waterfalls are my favorite. Think of the stories they could tell. The sound is so relaxing. Watching the water flow over the rocks reminds me of how we are molded and shaped. Did this story surprise you in any way?

Tabitha: As a pantser (a writer who doesn’t plan but writes by the seat of their pants) my stories often throw a curveball or two at some point during the writing. And while I can’t tell you exactly how this story surprised me (cause who wants spoilers?!) I will say that Mel’s journey took her down a path I didn’t expect. Through her journey, I learned that sometimes God says WAIT when we ask a question that seems to only need a YES or NO. I am not a patient person. It’s one of my many flaws. And those moments of WAIT are the equivalent of holding back a thoroughbred after you’ve already opened the gate.

 Renette: Wait is a hard one. I like your comparison of a racehorse at the gate. Wait, when is your most productive brainstorming time?

Tabitha: Early mornings are when the house is quiet, but I’ll be honest, I do love my sleep. If it wasn’t for the alarm going off to wake up my husband for work, there’s no doubt I would miss out on my best brainstorming. Just hand over a cup of coffee—or two—stick an ink pen and notebook in my hands and I’m ready to go…most of the time. Maybe another cup of coffee first.

 Renette: I’m more of a night owl. God makes us all so different. It is amazing. This has been so fun. I’m excited to get your book, Mishap off the Mainland. Hope everyone here will grab a copy.


Tabitha: Thank you again for having me today. It’s a blessing to look back and answer these questions since they refresh all those wonderful emotions and thrills that come from writing.

Thank You again for joining me at The Diamond Mine.

May you be blessed with His SONshine.

Renette Steele

Lady SONshine


 You can find Tabitha Bouldin here.

https://www.facebook.com/tabithabouldinauthor

https://www.instagram.com/tabithabouldin

https://www.twitter.com/tabithabouldin

https://tabithabouldinauthorhome.wordpress.com

https://mailchi.mp/336c3621e5e7/tabithabouldinauthor


 

 All Mel wants is to run the business of her dreams.

Melody Carmichael’s mobile pet grooming business might sink before it can sail when a favorite pet escapes her care. Doggie escape-artist, Daphne, got a taste of freedom, and the Afghan hound refuses to be found.

Enter Zeke Solomon. Desperate to bring the dog home for his grandmother, Zeke steps in to save the day.

And working together with Zeke would be a snap—if they could just find the dumb dog.

Zeke is desperate to prove himself worthy of the Solomon name and step out from his father's shadow. With his father breathing down his neck and demanding he return to the company business; Zeke must decide whether confronting the man he admires most is worth the risk of alienation.

Everything’s falling apart, and Mel’s dream transforms into a nightmare. She thought this was what God wanted for her life, but can you blame her for second-guessing everything?

Was it all just a mistake?


Mishaps off the Mainland is the fifth “Merriweather book” in a new series featuring five islands, six authors, and a boatload of happily-ever-afters.

 Available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle: https://amzn.to/3pgh3yR

For signed paperbacks, contact me directly. 





3 comments:

Stacy T. Simmons said...

What a wonderful interview, Rennette and Tabitha. I loved getting to know you better. Congratulations on your new novel!

Renette Steele said...

Thank you so much Stacy.
We are so glad you stopped in and enjoyed your time with us.
Tabitha is a gem and I look forward to reading her books.

thebeccafiles said...

Love this! And that waterfall photo is stunning <3 Congrats on your new novel, I can't wait to read it!