Wednesday, September 29, 2021

MEET NEW AUTHOR JODI RULE-ROUSE

Good End of September morning to everyone! I’m so excited to introduce y’all to my long-time mentor, friend, sister in writing, and in Christ…JODI RULE-ROUSE!

 

                                                      



 

 

            I first met Jodie after the death of our daughter over twenty years ago when I signed on to become a GriefShare facilitator with Church Initiative. Jodi was charged with training a multitude of us grieving folks to help other grieving folks make it through the difficult journey of grief.

            But today I’m introducing you to Author Jodi Rule-Rouse and her eye-opening, spirit-stirring series.

            Book One: SATAN, THE REAL ENEMY

 

           


                                      

 

                       

            Book Two: GOD, JESUS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT

 

 


 

            Book Three: LIES, PRIDE AND REPENTANCE

Book Four:  HEAVEN, THE BIGGEST BATTLE AND YOUR FINAL

                     DESTINATION…

And her new release featured today:  “UNDER ATTACK”  

 

 

                                           

 

            Welcome to the Diamond Mine, Jodi!

            Hello to everyone and thank you for having me.

 

            First off, please tell our readers a little bit about yourself, where you live, your family, and how you came to the know the Lord Jesus as your Savior. I know with that single question you could write another book, but give us the facts, LOL, just the facts!

            I believe it was on August 19, 1976, at my grandparent’s home alone watching a Billy Graham crusade being telecast on TV from San Diego, California. I was mesmerized by the words Pastor Graham spoke. He spoke of me being a sinner and needing a Savior. (Yes, he was speaking directly to me…one of my bosses at work and his wife gave me a Bible the year before. I believed they had been praying for me all along to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior) Thank goodness for people who pray. They will never know what their kindness and compassion have meant to me.

            Back to my story…That night I accepted Christ as my Savior. In my grandparent’s living room. I fell to the ground…broken. The Holy Spirit tugged at my heart and I chose not to resist. I knew then I needed a Savior. The room had no light on except the light from the TV. Suddenly, the entire room lit up. I felt a warm loving feeling come over me. It was a feeling I had never felt before…utter joy, peace, contentment and love. I knew the Holy Spirit was there and Jesus had come into my heart and would be with me for the rest of my life.

            In 1982 I met my second husband, Robert. While going to church I grew in God’s Word and realized I had never been baptized. In August of 1986, I was baptized and knew I had accepted Christ in my heart, but never made Him Lord of my life. And there is a big difference! I acknowledged and allowed Christ to have complete control of my life and my decisions as He molded and shaped me to be more like Him each day to become His servant. Now my significance comes through God and not from people or what this world thinks. Total freedom!

 

            When you were a grade school girl did you dream of becoming a writer, or what did you have in mind to do “when you grew up?”

 

            Never thought I would ever write anything. I went to a vocational school and received two degrees in secretarial and clerical. Didn’t know how God was going to use those skills for His glory, but every bit of what I learned He used at Church Initiative. In February of 2020 the Lord told me to write and what to write. He even gave me the following scripture from Jeremiah 30:2… “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says, ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you.’” And that is what I have done and am doing.

 

            What brought you to become involved with Church Initiative and GriefShare?

 

            In 1997 I suffered nine losses in seven months. After my dad died, I began to search for a biblically based and Christ centered grief program and found GriefShare. The Lord built our GriefShare group to be the largest in the nation and Church Initiative sought after me. God provided a wonderful leader to take over the ministry in Las Vegas and I headed for Wake Forest, North Carolina, where I worked with Church Initiative for over fifteen years training GriefShare facilitators all over the country and loving every leader I met.

 

            How did God let you know you were going to write that first book? Did you know from the beginning there would be five books…so far?

           

            Over the last six years, since living back in Las Vegas, I have been working with pastors, chaplains, and ministry leaders who were having problems in their lives and in their ministries. I began to use the spiritual weapons God gave me while working with GS leaders for Church Initiative.

            God began having me write an outline and viola~ the book came together. It was all HIM!

            The responses have been amazing…shedding tears of joy many times when I hear how the books are being used to change people’s lives. These people are being healed in the name of Jesus Christ…and that is AMAZING!

            Now pastors, chaplains, counselors and leaders hand out my book, getting the message into the hands of those hurting. And some churches are using it as a Bible Study. When you read this book, Satan will NOT win. We have victory in Christ, but need to be reminded we are a sinful, broken person who needs a Warrior to fight our battles. And praise God…Jesus shows up!

 

            Now to your newest book in this series, UNDER ATTACK! What kind of responses have you had from this newest release?

            I have people who have been healed and are now telling others of this newest “UNDER ATTACK.” The book is so easy to use and is so friendly and scripture oriented. I’ve written “UNDER ATTACK” in a way that any person who has never read the Bible will know without a doubt who God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and Satan are.

 

            There are a number of soon-to-be authors reading this interview. What words of wisdom and encouragement would you give them, Jodi?

 

            The most important thing I feel is to make sure that any fear, shame, worry, guilt, bitterness, resentment, hurt and offenses are removed from your spirit. That is what “UNDER ATTACK” does. Once those things have been removed, it gives room for the Holy Spirit to flow through you. You will be able to clearly hear the Holy Spirit and begin to freely move with Him. Then and only then will you know what to write.

 

            I know we all feel Jesus is coming back—very soon—but ‘til that time, has The Lord given you any idea what’s next? Another book? I could only wish you were still available to train new GriefShare leaders…I don’t know what I would have done without the comfort and healing of my Lord Jesus during those wretched months of grieving…then your coming alongside and teaching me how to help others…and now I’m anxious to watch and see what He’s going to do with you and this marvelous series. Time indeed is short!

Christmas is coming…what better gift could we give our loved ones than a book from this series…or better yet…give ‘em the whole series!

           

            I have two more books the Lord has given me to write. One is called “BECOMING.” It helps the Christian to move from milk to meat. To become a fully devoted follower of Christ. To learn how to “work out your salvation.” The second book will be called “IF.” When I began to read the Bible, the word “IF” kept popping out to me. “If” you do this says God…then God will do this. I am excited to see what marvelous words He will have me place into the next two books.

 

            Thanks again for being with us today, Jodi! I love you and sure wish this could have been an “in person” interview. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to give you a hug! But for all you readers, Jodi has graciously offered to answer any questions you have for her.

Sooo, let’s do this…if you want to ask Jodi a question in our comments to this interview, I will place your name in the hat to receive a free, signed, copy of “UNDER ATTACK.”

            The winner will be announced in the comments on Tuesday evening, October 5th. Have a blessed season of Thanksgiving and Christmas! See y’all in 2022!

                                                                                                                 DiAne

10 comments:

Peggy Trotter said...

So nice to meet you Jodi! Welcome to the Diamond Mine. Your books looks so interesting.

Jackie Layton said...

Hi, Jodi! It's good to meet you. Thanks for sharing about your books and experiences!

Unknown said...

Hello everyone! I just wanted to chime in briefly to comment on Jodi's new book 'Under Attack'. This book has been life saver in so many ways. I have been working with Jodi now for several months as she has been personally walking me through the concepts presented within this incredible book. Namely the "5 R's". Though seemingly simple in theory, this set of exercises, paired with a vast amount of scriptural truths, has proven to be an incredibly powerful tool in helping me overcome and begin to heal from my own series of spiritual attacks regarding my health, grief, and tremendous loss.
Jodi's book is written from the heart. Often sharing her own painful experiences, she gently guides the reader through a journey toward a victorious life of healing and freedom. Freedom from the lies and deceptions of our enemy. A life of healing through Biblical truths. Given the unfortunate state of our world today, I believe that every Christian can benefit from the scriptural truths in this book.

D.Harris702 said...

I am extremely grateful for being introduced to Jodi's book "Under Attack". It has been the answer to my calling. Her personal accounts, along with correlated scriptural passages, revealed much of what I have kept burried about myself and my relationship with Christ. As I continue to read and follow the exercises, I have become more aware of God's presence and love. In a world that seems to be falling apart, I've come to accept the battle is within. It's not always easy but it's comforting to know I am not alone. God is clearly working through Jodi.

DiAne Gates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DiAne Gates said...

You can find Jodi's books at https://www.amazon.com/s?K=Jodi+Rule-Rouse%2C+Under+Attack

A Fudenberg said...


What a great help in the journey of becoming whole as you walk through the challenges of life. This book gives you the tools that you need to navigate the battles that we each face and how to live in freedom from emotional trauma. This might be the best gift you could give someone !

Unknown said...

I led Grief share for 16+ years and still use the helpful concepts as I walk with the grieving and process the loss of my husband of 53 years. I look forward to reading the books.Helen

Emob said...

Congratulations Jodi.

DiAne Gates said...

Jackie Layton, your name has been drawn to receive a free copy of "Under Attack" by our guest author, Jodi Rule-Rouse. Please email your mailing address to me at dianegates@sbcglobal.net and I'll get the information to Jodi and she will get it in the mail to you ASAP.