Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Hopeful mouse-sized nibble

 

Welcome to The Diamond Mine of Christian Fiction. 



Today we have a mystery guest.

 

RS: Who do we have here?

Grace: Grace Hopeful. Let’s just call me Grace.

Rs. Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?

Grace: There’s not much to tell. I know we each are given our own unique gifts.  But what on earth is one to do with the gift to gab with volume, to be able to dream with a vivid imagination on top of it all? My mouth and imagination tend to get me in some sticky situations.

RS: Care to expound a bit?

Grace: Somewhere a long life I was given some advice, a treasure. They suggested I learn to write my adventures as short stories and tell them on stage. Now I’m a writer, a speaker, and an entertainer for the Lord.

RS: I love how you’ve learned to use your gifts for Him. What is considered a short story?

Grace: A mouse-sized nibble of a novel.  


RS: Is that like a pinch in cooking?



Grace: Sort of. You must tell a complete story with all the components in a short amount of time. Like cutting the recipe in half. Think of an anti dot. No, wait an Aunty dot, no that’s not it. An oh, what’s the word? Anecdote. Well, you know, when a speaker gives an example to make a point.

RS: You often hear a minister use them in a sermon. How can these be helpful to an author?

Grace: Mine often change from me being in trouble to explaining the truth. Believe me, I’ve spent time in more than one interview with the police and that handsome Detective Justin Hardy. Writing tight and still getting all the important facts in is a key to a short story.

RS: Who is this detective?

Grace: You will need to read my short stories to find out. 😊

 Be sure and check them out in the coming week or so.

RS: I’ve read your short stories, Grace. You are a unique character. Do you think every author should write short stories?

Grace: What? You mean they don’t? Heavens! If it weren’t for short stories I wouldn’t be around. They can be used for so many things. A good laugh, a fun giveaway, to hook readers on an author—even as a teaching tool. Goodness, what wonderful practice and fun.

RS: Is that all they can be used for?

Grace. No way. You can post them on the internet. Who knows? One day you may hear one of yours in a sermon or on stage! You can send them to contest, magazines or publish several as an anthology. There are even vending machines to put them in so people can have a quick read while waiting for the train, bus, or plane. Or you can pull them out of a hat to get yourself out of trouble.  Hehehe.

RS: Now Grace, I’m not sure that the last one is a good idea. I’ve heard tell pulling stories out of a hat is what got you into a mess, to begin with.

Grace: I suppose so, at that. But in the end, they get me out of the fix.

RS: What else do we need to know about short stories?

Grace: A short story can be about anything in any genre. If done correctly and well, they can scare the pants off you or feel like a hug from a warm teddy bear. Only your imagination and the sky are the limits.

RS: You mentioned your stories and a detective. Where can we find these stories?

Grace: You can find them and others on the Lady SONshine website.

 https://renettesteele.com/category/short-story/

https://thewritepractice.com/

https://medium.com/@renettesteele

RS: Thank you so much for stopping in today Miss Grace Hopeful.

Grace: You're welcome. Thank you for having me.

RS: Be sure and read a short story today. May you be blessed with His SONshine.


Renette Steele

Lady SONshine

renettesteele.com





 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Delia Latham said...

Such a fun interview! Can’t wait to read Grace’s stories. She sounds like a blast!

Renette Steele said...

Thank you Sweet Delia,for stopping by. Yes,she was fun to write.