Monday, September 18, 2023

An Interview with Kimberly Rose Johnson

Kimberly Rose Johnson

Michelle: Hello everyone, today I have the pleasure of chatting with award-winning author Kimberly Rose Johnson! Kimberly, to kick things off, let's get to know you a bit better with the fast five favorites:

Kimberly:
Color: Blues
Season: Fall
Animal: Dogs
Beverage: Chai tea latte
Movie quote: "I'll be back." - It's the only one I can remember!

Michelle: Hey, it's a classic line! Well, you must be happy to be approaching your favorite season right now, huh? Here in Tennessee, the leaves are just starting to turn colors, and I can't wait for the full burst of fall foliage!

Now that we know a bit about your preferences, let's talk about your writing process. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert? How does that affect your writing and social interactions?

Kimberly: I'm an introvert. It’s hard for me to write when there is anyone around. Though I love interacting with others, it’s also quite draining on my creativity lol. That being said, I don’t let it stop me from interacting with others.

Michelle: I think many authors understand the need to lock yourself away from the world to spin a tale, like a writing hermit crab. I might know someone else like that (cough - me) Okay, let's talk about your writing influences. Who are the rockstars of the author world that have had you air-guitaring your way through your own writing journey? Tell us, Kimberly, who's your literary guitar hero? 🎸

Kimberly: Dee Henderson and Colleen Coble.

Michelle: Both incredible authors! I hope you've been practicing your brevity skills because I want you to describe yourself in just three words. Three! Can you handle the pressure?

Kimberly: Driven, kind, and positive.

Michelle: Having had the pleasure of meeting you at several writing conferences over the years, I can personally vouch for the "kind" part. We've had the pleasure of meeting before, I can certainly attest to those descriptors! Kimberly, do you have a favorite Bible verse to share with us?

Kimberly: Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Michelle: That's a beautiful verse with a powerful message. Finally, would you be willing to share something that the Lord has been teaching you recently?

Kimberly: Of course. Just because we seek to live in His will does not mean what He asks us to do will be easy. In fact, it can be downright hard.

Michelle: Thank you for sharing that insight, Kimberly. It's a reminder that the path of faith often comes with challenges.

Readers, before we wrap up, I want to remind our viewers that Kimberly has 32 published Christian fiction books, including her newest release, Found: An Almost Perfect Christmas, and you can learn more about them on her website at https://kimberlyrjohnson.com/books/.

Michelle: Kimberly, thank you for joining us today and sharing a bit of your world with us. It's been a pleasure getting to know you better.

Kimberly: Thank you, Michelle. It's been a pleasure talking with you.

No comments: