Sami Abrams is a force of nature when it comes to faith in Christ and writing Christian fiction. I am so pleased to introduce her here.
Award-winning, bestselling author Sami Abrams grew up hating to read. It wasn’t until her 30’s that she found authors that captured her attention. Now, most evenings, you can find her engrossed in a Romantic Suspense. In her opinion, a crime and a little romance is the recipe for a great story.
She lives in Northern California, but she will always be a Kansas girl at heart. She has a love of sports, family, and travel. However, a cabin at Lake Tahoe writing her next story is definitely at the top of her list.
Hey, Sami! First, I hear that you are cruise-obsessed. Tell us all about that!
I love cruising! There’s just something about the ocean that calls me.
But on the practical side, it’s nice to unpack once and visit a lot of
different places. Cruising makes that easy. Plus, I so enjoy just lounging on
sea days and reading.
(I do get motion sick super easily, so that’s been a challenge. But I’ve
figured out a method that works for me.)
LOL. Cruising while motion sick. I'm glad it’s so much fun anyway.
How did you get called into writing? How does it reflect your
faith?
Called to writing? Well that’s easy. God grabbed me by the shirt collar
and pulled me along kicking and screaming. LOL! Seriously though, I never
intended to write. I didn’t enjoy reading for most of my life, so why would I
write?! Yup, God had different plans. As for reflecting my faith. I’m not one
to push but hope to drop seeds. That’s what I feel led to do in my writing.
Drop the seeds and let God do the rest. So, my stories don’t tend to have a
heavy faith element. They are more of an organic Christian worldview.
The organic Christian worldview approach makes a book readable, with God’s truth wrapped
in the story. I love that about your writing.
And, boy, doesn’t God have to grab us by the shirt collar!
So, tell us all about your rodeo books with Love Inspired Suspense. How much fun! How did you do all the rodeo research for these books?
Oh, rodeo. Hehe! As a kid, I loved rodeos. I’ve never participated, but
I’ve always enjoyed going. My Stone Creek Ranch series was supposed to be
focused on a Texas family ranch. But when my editor noticed I centered the
story around a rodeo, she requested the entire series have a rodeo focus. And
here we are. Hehe!
The research comes from different avenues. Some of it is from memory.
Some from google searches. And other from going to rodeos close to where I
live. Yup, I enjoy that part of my research—A LOT. LOL!
Wow. Bringing your joys into your writing brings joy and fun into your writing…this I know about your stories.
What is your next writing move?
I just signed a five-book
contract with Love Inspired Suspense that includes a K9 Search and Rescue (SAR)
book that I’m currently working on. In addition, I have an indie cold case novella
coming out in April that I’m revising and editing. And we can’t forget a
military adjacent novella series that I want to finish, BlackKnight Security.
Charlie ONE is currently in Zero Hour (An anthology from Two Dogs Publishing).
I get my rights back in October and will Indie publish that in November. So,
I’m a bit busy right now. Haha!
I just can’t wait for the continuation of Charlie ONE. But
I love SAR, too. Cold case stories are always fascinating to dig into. Okay, just hurry
up and write all of these for us! LOL.
Comment below, or leave your name in comments if you'd like to win an ebook version of MINE. 📣
Follow Sami at https://samiaabrams.com/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/samiaabrams
No comments:
Post a Comment