Hi, guys! V. Joy Palmer here! Since we are all friends here, you guys can call me Joy. ;-) And one of my favorite things to do is talk with my friends at coffee shops, then head to the bookstores. Yes, plural. After all, books and yummy drinks are the perfect combination! So consider this our virtual coffee shop. I'll wait a second for you to get your warm drink and a fuzzy blanket before we chat with today's guest. <3
Today we are going to pry into the private life of CHAT with author Rachel Chamberlayne!
Rachel is a Christian romance writer who lives in the heartland with her husband and two children. With a Bachelor's degree in English and Creative Writing, Rachel loves crafting love stories that will make you swoon, sigh, and give you all the butterflies. When she's not daydreaming about her book characters, you might find her reading, writing poetry, or spending time with her family.
Connect with Rachel on her website or her Instagram @authorrachelchamberlayne!
This may be the most important question I ask -- no pressure or anything, LOL!
*drum roll*
What are you drinking in our virtual coffee house? Coffee? Tea? Hot chocolate? Something else altogether?
Coffee all the way!
Welcome, friend! ;-) If you could order anything in the world to eat (we can dream, can't we?), what would it be?
Sausage and pepperoni pizza :)
Classic! Where is your favorite place to write, and why is that your favorite place?
Anywhere! As long as I get to write.
Truth! Do you have an odd habit that is only explained by your bookish, writer tendencies? Safe space. ;-)
I like to chew on highlighters while I write. I don’t know why, but it helps me stay focused.
That's a new one, and I love it! What inspired you to write It's Only Ever Been You?
I wanted to write a story about the raw, realistic struggles of a Biblical marriage. Marriage is often depicted as the happily-ever-after in romance, especially Christian romance (and it is to a certain degree). But it is hard, too. I wanted to explore that from a Biblical perspective with my favorite characters.
They say time heals all wounds, but some wounds have left scars that refuse to fade for Genevieve Wright.
Despite their rocky beginning, Brandon and Evie Wright found their happily ever after. But when a very beautiful reminder of Brandon’s promiscuous past pops the bubble oftheir newlywed bliss, Evie must confront an insecurity that’s rooted in her childhood—her fear of abandonment.
After all, Brandon left once before. What makes her think he won’t do it again?
It’s Only Ever Been You is a fade-to-black/closed-door companion novella to Brandon and Evie’s stand-alone Christian romance novel, It’s Always Been You. Physical intimacy between a married couple is implied.
Nice! What led you to write in this genre?
It was natural! I have always wanted to write romance, and after I became a Christian, I couldn’t separate my faith from my writing. It all happened organically.
Love it! What message do you hope to convey to your readers?
My hope is that readers see themselves in my characters. Not just the good parts, but the messy, raw, relatable parts, too. The parts that aren’t talked about, especially in Christian spaces. I like to shed the light of Christ in dark and taboo places.
Love that! Can you tell us a little about your next project(s)?
I am currently writing a story about a woman named Daisy who loses her husband unexpectedly early in their marriage. Her late husband’s estranged twin moves back to town after his death, and as former childhood best friends, their messy past is unraveled as they spend more time together.
Sounds interesting! Do you have a favorite Bible verse or story that inspires you on a soul level?
Psalm 73:26. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. This verse reminds me that I don’t need to be perfect, or do things perfectly all the time to be called His, which tends to be my heart’s default setting. This verse reminds me that He is my strength, and He will never forsake me.
So true! What are you currently reading? Inquiring minds -- mine! -- want to know. ;-)
I am currently reading We Drank the Dawn by Ashley Dill, and I am about to start Stay With Me by Becky Wade. :)
Awesome! Thanks for answering all of my prying questions, Rachel!
Check out Rachel's other books!
See you next time, and God bless you guys!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment